Finally, I tried again. I kept it simple this time so that I could show you guys what we have going on. I'll save my attempts to do a full interior/exterior model for the future. I do want to figure that out eventually so I can mock up the exterior changes I want to make down the line, but for blog purposes, we'll keep it simple for now. So without further ado... the floor plan!
Let's start with the "as purchased" plans:
Onward and upward, here are what I am referring to as the "Phase 1" plans:
Here is a break down of the major changes:
- We tore down the wall between the kitchen and dining room to allow for a slightly larger kitchen (basically the room needed to add a dishwasher)
- We opened up the wall between the living room and the stairs /office
- We stole some space from the little nook in the garage to do a built-in closet for first-floor storage
- We removed the old stairs down to the basement and added a hatch in the floor with a ladder for interior access. (We have external access via the bilco doors at the back of the house so we really didn't need a second basement stairway.)
- We built the new office wall about 12" into the room from the original wall, which will allow us to expand the bathroom when we redo that space down the line. (I envision an old clawfoot tub in front of the window and a lot more floor space.)
So there it is folks! Long overdue, but better late than never, right!?